Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dos Mas! Only 2 More Days!

Plenty to discuss today…and it all started with sleeping through my alarm.  I sure hate the feeling of being behind or running late.  I knew it was possible.  I couldn’t fall asleep again!  Didn’t fall asleep until after midnight.  Having the alarm go off at 5:30am was a bad idea.  So I hit snooze…so sue me!  It happens.  I moved through the apartment at lightning speed…banging my knees into every bed corner and door jamb in my apartment.  Apparently I have the grace and composure of a 800 pound gorilla when I am tired and hungry! 

At the gym I cranked out my cardio.  The book got me through it.  I couldn’t tell you if I was pedaling backwards or forwards.  I was sweating at the end, but that is all I remember.  I wasn’t supposed to lift weights today, but posing last night left my chest, arms and shoulders in a lot of pain.  I hit the incline press machine with a vengeance….only to find that I had zero strength.  I mean ZERO strength.  I haven’t dropped weight on a machine so fast.  It was pathetic.  Mentally I was ready to max out…but physically I could barely lift the Smith Machine bar.  The rest of the lifts suffered just the same.  I finished with my abs.  They cramped and turned into knots.  Such a feeling of defeat!  Regardless…I was feeling great!  I wasn’t about to let one bad workout ruin my day.  ONE…I didn’t have time to sulk….and TWO…I am extremely excited for what lies ahead in the next two days.  Moving on!

Breakfast included two packets of oatmeal and 4 eggs.  I didn’t stutter…oat…meal!  I inhaled it!  At my desk I was focused on work.  My brain was in a fog…or perhaps mud is a better term.  I would start typing an email, then I would get side-tracked by something else…and forget about the email completely.  Not only did I get oatmeal today, there was also some rice mixed in with the day.  Just small amounts, but it gave me tons of energy. 

Back at the gym for my afternoon session.  Another 50 minutes on the bike and reading my book.  I finally caught myself constantly touching my stomach…yep still there…abs! 

Tomorrow I am off from work.  I knew I needed a day to relax and pack and schedule appointments for tanning and a haircut…and running to the grocery store for last minute food.  There was a lot to keep in order.  Not to mention who knows what sort of mood I am in on limited water.  Could be a total bear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment