Sunday, September 11, 2011

6 Days! Only 6 Days!

If there is anything I needed right now, it was a day to relax.  To decompress, to process where I was at and what I needed this week, and to catch up on anything I’ve neglected lately.  Today was that day!  I awoke at 10:00am (went to bed around 11:30pm) and felt like I had slept for a week.  I physically couldn’t sleep any longer.  I was awake just in time to catch some of the 9/11 memorial stuff on TV.  Ten years ago I was in college and received a phone call from my mom saying I needed to get out of bed and turn on the TV.  It was 10am on a Thursday…of course I was still in bed…she knew me too well.  Suddenly word spread through the fraternity house what had just happened and 30 guys rolled out of bed to sit and watch.  That was all we could do.  Sit and watch.  I think we all know where we were that day.  I’m definitely one of those that can tell you what my life was like before that day…and then how my life has been since.  Not taking life for granted…living life to the fullest…and living as if today could be my last…no regrets…that is how I have lived since. 

After sitting this morning (almost in the same sense of shock and awe as I did 10 years ago) I got my day started.  I cooked my chicken, did some laundry, cleaned up my apartment, and then got settled in for 3 hours of some of the worst football in Chiefs history.  It was terrible.  Not inspiring.  The complete opposite of what every fan had hoped for since the playoffs last year.  The only positive of the whole game was that it gave me time to bang out my ab routine. 

I ate my next meal and then headed to Starbucks to sit outside in the nice weather and read my book.  Again, anything just to relax and conserve energy.  And now I am back at home updating my posts, finding some recipes I want to try in a couple of weeks, and then watching some more 9/11 specials.  The perfect way to end the day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment