Saturday, September 10, 2011

7 More Days!

A Saturday morning and my alarm was set for 6:20am!  My last Saturday for awhile where I have to set an alarm!  So why was I up so early?  Local competitors had the opportunity to schedule the polygraph exam a week ahead of the show in order to get it out of the way.  My exam was scheduled for 7:30am.  I still needed to complete 2 hours of cardio and a full leg day…and did I mention my gym closes at noon on Saturdays?  So setting my alarm and getting the polygraph out of the way was a good idea.  I was nervous long before I arrived at the office building.  What would they ask?  What if I fail because I’m so nervous?  What do you wear to a polygraph exam?  Ugh!  I walked into the office and could smell McDonald’s.  The guy doing the exam was eating McDonald’s…bigger ugh!  So I was asked all the questions I figured they would ask….Is today Saturday?  Am I sitting in a chair?  Have I ever taken any of the banned substances?  I was told right away that I passed…so I got that going for me! 

I was at the gym with plenty of time to get everything done.  I did start a new book, so the cardio seemed to go by quickly.  One of the girls competing in the figure portion of the show was at the gym.  We caught up, swapped our meal plans for this week, and gave each other some encouragement going into the final stretch.  It sure helps to talk to someone else that is going through the same ups and downs!  It was leg day at the gym.  I had more strength than I expected…probably from the caffeine, but I’ll take whatever I can get.

I ran home and ate my chicken and broccoli.  I had to shower and get out of the house as quickly as possible.  In addition to holding polygraph exams a week ahead of the show…they were also allowing competitors to come handle the registration process at the local gym.  It was one less thing to worry about, so I jumped at the chance.  I made the trek across town just in time before they closed.  I was able to purchase my NANBF membership card, ask a few questions about the show, and then find out the last minute details about when and where I needed to be next Saturday.  There are a lot of competitors and it sounds like it is going to be a long day!  After I left the registration I headed to get more coffee.  My ‘peak week’ doesn’t technically start until tomorrow.  I’m trying to enjoy every bit of ‘treats’ I can before then…and a hot cup of coffee is the perfect treat on a nice Fall day!

It was then time to head to the store for a few items I would need to get me through the week.  Food will stay basically the same for the next 4 days, so I bought everything I needed.  My objective for the next 4-5 days is to STAY BUSY!  Doing workouts, having meetings, writing blog posts, cooking, cleaning, getting stuff ready for next weekend, exfoliating…whatever it takes to keep my mind in the right spot.  It is definitely a ‘hope for the best, but plan for the worst’ mentality right now. 

I started reviewing other blogs and am drawn to recipes people are posting.  Everything from downright sinful….TheKitchenCookie

To the intriguing ideas over at…Protein PowDer

And then the blog that could very well affect everyone’s contest prep with some amazing recipes that fit perfectly with all of the restrictions….RecipeForFitness

I am definitely trying some of the recipes from these sites.  But for now the pics posted of the finished product are sure helping with the cravings!  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I love Chelle over at Recipe for Fitness!

    Like you said, stay busy this week! Focus! But most of all enjoy this week! You are in the home stretch. All the sweat, soreness, anxiety, and exhaustion will be worth it when you hit the stage and feel that rush. So proud of you, Aaron!!

    ReplyDelete