Saturday, September 10, 2011

8 Days

A short post to recap yesterday…

I knew the weekend was going to busy…my posts tomorrow and Sunday will cover all of the prep work I need to get done…so I started making lists of things I needed to do.  It definitely kept me focused on being productive and filling my time.  Staying focused in the gym is another story.  I’m not sure if it’s boredom or lack of energy or what, but after doing cardio it takes every bit of concentration to get through lifting.  This was one of those days.  Not having a workout partner is not helping either.  Instead it’s me, myself and I trying to convince my body to finish my sets, squeeze each rep, and to get through everything.  The only thing helping is the little words and accolades I am getting from people around me.  It definitely helps! 

After my second round of cardio and lifting, I headed back to work to finish some projects.  I headed home, ate and then was out the door.  Maybe it was the weather or maybe it was because it was a Friday…but I was in a great mood.  Just happy with my progress and knowing that I was only a week away.

Friday night we went to the circus with my nieces and nephews.  It was a great time.  The adults loved it as much as the kids.  I was great all night until my nephew sat next to me with his box of popcorn…every 2 minutes…’Hey Uncle Aaron, want some popcorn?’  I resisted…but it was tough!  Such a thoughtful kid!

Tomorrow is the polygraph and registration check-in for the show…

No comments:

Post a Comment