Tuesday, September 6, 2011

11 Days To Go

Keeping my mind on other stuff is getting to be a full time job.  Fortunately I am back in reading mode and got hooked on the Dan Brown book ‘The Lost Symbol’ last week.  No idea why I never tried these…the movies were great.  Two hours of cardio just doesn’t seem to be enough.  I always hear the bike beep at 60 minutes and I want to read the next chapter.  Every chapter seems to leave you wanting more.  I checked out ‘Angels and Demons’ tonight at the library.  Reading sure does make the time fly by!

Now my day…

The 3-day weekend gave me time to relax and catch up on sleep.  The 5:20am alarm clock went off and I was wide awake…ready to hit the gym.  I am typically not awake until 30-40 minutes into my cardio session.  Sometimes I am not awake until the shower after my workout.  And then there are days I am not awake until 8am when I sit down at my desk to eat.  Today was not like that.  So far I can’t complain about the food.  Egg whites, almonds, protein powder, and coffee for breakfast.  I am typically starving by the time I get everything unpacked at my desk.  I could easily eat this every morning for another 6 months. 

Back to my day…..work was work.  Today I noticed using my office as my kitchen table was getting a bit much.  I am usually in a hurry to eat, which means I am not the cleanest.  If you look closely, there are little drops of food and protein and sauces all over my desk and computer.  My desk and keyboard would be the perfect source for a high school science experiment right now.  ICK!  I can’t even imagine what my drycleaner thinks about the food stains on my shirts.  Mustard?  No problem!  Tomorrow…I shall clean!

I went down early to lift and finish my cardio.  Having a gym on site at work makes it almost too easy.  Showered and back upstairs for tuna and almonds…I was starving!  It’s about 4pm each day that I can tell my body wants a huge meal (and yet it just gets a can of tuna and 15 almonds). 

After work I came home to eat dinner, clean up dishes and pack my bag for tomorrow.  It was super nice outside.  My allergies didn’t agree, but I wanted to go somewhere and do something.  So I walked down the street to the library to check out some more books.  Then I was headed to Starbucks to sit outside and people watch over a hot cup of coffee.  Much better than being locked inside all night!   

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! 11 days until the stage but 4 days until PEAK WEEK! Then it's just coasting to the finish! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete