Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Week 4–Stuff is happening fast

Here is the first of likely 2 or 3 entries for this week. 

Starting weight:  199.  Down 3 pounds from the previous week.  33 pounds total. 

We are down to the final push to the end.  I am almost tempted to start keeping track of days versus weeks, because it seems like so much is happening so fast.  Between keeping track of stuff for the show, getting meals in, shaving, tanning, doing laundry from all the workout clothes, cardio, posing practice, lifting…I could really use a personal assistant to keep me focused.  Each day I am seeing progress on different areas.  I am also trying to cut out caffeine from my daily intake.  I was up to basically a pot a day.  We’ll see what the impact is, but I was having major ups and downs throughout the day.  If anything, I can cycle it.  Take a week off and then try to get back on it next week.  And I am sick of the sugarfree gum.  I totally OD’d on it last week.  I maybe grab a piece before my morning cardio and another after I eat tuna in the afternoon.  But that is it!  We also added in a bag of broccoli in lieu of an ounce of walnuts.  Perhaps that helped with the decrease in weight.  No idea…I promise to one day learn the science behind this process, but that would be too taxing on my brain right now. 

Overall, I am not where I had hoped to be and now dreading if there comes the day when the trainer pulls the plug.  My rule going in to the contest prep was that I’ll do whatever it takes…as long as I don’t look like a fool on stage.  Translation:  Don’t put me on stage if I’m not ready.  Progress is coming quickly, but will it come just in time?  That seems to be the million dollar question that I don’t have the answer.  Hopefully this Friday we can see better results….Plan B is always there if needed, but only if needed. 

So far this  prep has been 100% physical.  This week the mental side of it came out in full force.  My brain is kicking my butt right now…   

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Aaron. A lot can happen in 4 weeks. You will be surprised. I dropped all artificial sweeteners toward the end and it really helped with any bloating. Trident gum was the only thing I chewed (it has xylitol, which is not artificial). Cucumbers were another life saver.

    Enjoy these last 18 days, time is going to fly!

    ReplyDelete