Sunday, June 5, 2011

Week 9–I Dream of Tequila

Starting weight:  209.  Down 23 pounds from the first week.

It seems that everyone has some dream that sticks out during prep work.  Mine occurred during this week.  I was at a dinner party with friends.  Everyone was sitting around eating and having fun.  I wanted a margarita for some reason, but there was no sour mix or salt.  No worries!  I’ll just drink it straight.  Tequila…straight!  Who dreams of stuff like this?  Apparently pancakes, bread, or biscuits are not what I am craving right now…9 weeks in and I dream of alcohol.  I just woke up thinking ‘please let this be a dream!'  Whew! 

Food was the same….now going on 2 weeks without a single carb.  No more carbs and no more veggies….Hoo-Ah!  So long green beans! 

They finally posted more information about the show.  At the end of this week I am at the half way point…sure I lost 23 pounds already, but there are some spots (my abs) that are not even close to stage ready.  There is still some time…and apparently we have a new workout routine coming in a week or two that will make us work harder than ever…lower weight, higher reps.  Seeing the progress on the scale and through the pics has been helpful.  In 8 weeks, I haven’t strayed and only missed one session of cardio the weekend I was moving.  So overall I am right at 100% on the straight and narrow…now just to let my body catch up. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are doing great! Trust the process! You will be amazed how much your body will change in the last 4 weeks. Hang on tight, you are on the roller coaster of comp prep!

    ReplyDelete