Monday, June 27, 2011

Week 5–Let There Be Abs

Starting weight 202.  Still no idea on what happened last week…but if I have only one bad week in this process, I will not get worked up about it.  Total weight lost….30 pounds. 

It was only 2 pounds, but I was surprised at some of the differences I noticed this week.  It was definitely time to break out some clothes I hadn’t worn in awhile.  They all fit with room to spare.  And then on Friday we did pics with the trainer.  In previous sessions and with the right light and if you look hard enough I swear you could see abs.  This was the first pics session that you didn’t have to try hard to see them.  Not as well defined as I want or need, but just to see the muscle start to rise to the surface was a great accomplishment. 

IMG_1561

Here are a couple more pics from the session:  Overall there was lots of progress and I was happy with where I am at.  Sixteen weeks seems like a long time and we are down to the final 4. 

IMG_1546

IMG_1540

I always know that there is a chance I will need to do more cardio.  One week of gaining weight and a couple weeks of not seeing much progress from the pics…equaled more cardio…a lot more cardio.  Still low intensity, but the sitting there and grinding it out on a machine was eating me alive.  We are all about motivation and drive right now.  I downloaded every Rocky movie made to watch during my cardio sessions.  Whatever it takes!  If you’re looking for some motivation…try Rocky! 

No comments:

Post a Comment