Sunday, June 5, 2011

Week 10–So Long Carbs…

Starting weight:  212…down 20 pounds in just 6 weeks. 

More importantly this week was more about how to cope with zero carbs.  Here is my meal plan:

Meal 1:  3 cage free eggs, 2 scoops protein

Meal 2:  6oz chicken w/ Walden Farms BBQ sauce, 1oz walnuts.

Meal 3:  2 scoops protein, 2 tablespoons natty peanut butter.

Meal 4:  Can of tuna, 20 almonds.

Meal 5:  Plate of romaine lettuce w/ Walden Farms dressing, 6oz lean ground beef.

Meal 6:  5 cage free eggs.

I was planning for the worst…super tired, low energy, not able to lift the same weight.  I didn’t have any of those symptoms this week.  I used black coffee to perk me up in the mornings and again in the afternoon to give me a boost before going to the gym.  If anything I was full of energy during my morning cardio and all through my workouts.  By the time I got home…I was exhausted and coming down from the caffeine, but that seems standard no matter what I am eating. 

I did have several temptations this week.  A luncheon at a really good Italian buffet and then an alumni gathering at my alma mater.  Fortunately I had been planning for these events for awhile and knew I had to stay focused and keep gum or water close by to prevent any inadvertent eating.    

No comments:

Post a Comment