Monday, May 30, 2011

Week 11–Progress Pics and Carb Results

After one week of adding carbs to my daily eating plan, I was certain the scale would show the opposite of progress.  But how bad would it be?  I actually ended up losing a pound.  Not a lot, but it was way better than what I expected.  The trainer wasn’t surprised.  He knew my body was drained from the previous 4 weeks and the carbs would do more good than harm.  He was right…trust the process!  So my starting weight was 214.  So 5 weeks in and I’ve lost 18 pounds.  The number was more than I expected, but the pics haven’t shown much progress.  This week was the same eating plan…carbs for breakfast and mid-morning snack. 

I did have more energy.  That was noticeably different than what I had felt before when I had lots of energy on carb days and was barely staying awake on days when I was just eating protein and healthy fat.  I forgot to take progress pics over the weekend, so I had the trainer take the pics at the gym.  He gave me the poses he wanted and I did my best to hold each one and not look like I was in complete pain.  Each pic shows some serious progress over the last two rounds of pics.  Still a long way from where I need to be, but these helped my confidence level in where I was in the process.       

DSCN0509DSCN0510DSCN0511DSCN0512DSCN0514DSCN0515

The other challenge I faced this week was noticing that I was much more alone in my workouts.  I entered these 16 weeks knowing I had my co-worker, WC also going through the same thing.  It seemed like all week we were on different schedules and we could never get to the gym at the same time.  It helps to have someone backing you up and forcing you to push yourself.  This week I didn’t have that.  I had to focus on myself and my process.  There are always other guys in the gym that make it fun to be in there and are willing to spot me when I need it, but hopefully WC and I are able to get back on the same schedule.  Especially leg day…everyone needs a workout partner on leg day…enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment