Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week 13…Pics and Green Beans

Second week of super low carbs was just as tough as the first.  The scale was good to see as well…

Week 13 Starting Weight: 217

So overall a loss of 4 pounds from the previous week.  And a total loss of 15 pounds in just 4 weeks.  I’ll take that!  I pushed my cardio this week and our workouts seem to be more intense even though we haven’t changed a thing.  The biggest challenge seems to be balancing work with eating and squeezing in the workouts as prescribed…that never seems to change no matter what my eating plans look like or my workouts require.

The food has gone down better than expected.  Only having one carb day hasn’t left me with much to look forward to in the week.  But I still love eggs every morning and I can never get tired of steak or lean beef.  This week I went for 96% lean beef and made 8oz burger patties for the grill.  Three weeks of top sirloin every night was a bit much.  The worst part of the day is the green beans right now.  I can think of a million other things I would like to eat after having green beans every day for the past 3 weeks.  Just insane.  I think I OD’d on them!  I’m at the point where I just start shoveling and chewing and don’t stop until it’s over.  I could probably mix it up with some other green veggies, so we’ll see what happens next week.

I finally started talking to one of the girls in the gym that competed several months ago using the same trainer.  We swapped stories and she shared some of her tips for the food….different sauces, spices, etc.  I could buy stock in Mrs Dash right now, and the dry spices are getting a little old.  So I may venture out and try some of these zero calorie, zero carb sauces.  

DSCN0499

DSCN0502

Apparently shaving my legs will be required for the next round of photos and perhaps a trip to the tanning salon.  These showed some progress from 2 weeks ago..more muscle definition, less inner tube.  The lighting was much better than two weeks ago, but more than anything the pics don’t lie.  More pics to come in 2 weeks…

1 comment:

  1. Here's a green bean trick. I buy the frozen petite green beans and roast them at 400 for about 10 or 15 minutes. They are like french fries. I even eat them with my fingers! Sometimes I dip them in mustard! They are yummy. I spray the pan with olive oil Pam and lightly spray the green beans with the same Pam and then lightly salt.

    I think all veggies are best roasted. My favs are brussel sprouts, broccoli, kale and green beans!

    Good Luck! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete