Monday, May 30, 2011

Week 12–Catching Up!

I am a little late in getting my updates posted.  Between moving and losing internet for a couple of weeks, I am finally getting back to reflecting on where I am at in the process.  Week 12 started with some major concern on my part.  My weight started at 215…down 2 pounds from the previous week.  Suddenly I noticed progress on the scale was slowing down.  The trainer fashioned me with a new eating plan for the next 2 weeks.  And instead of having one or two re-feed days with carbs, I would now be eating carbs every day (1/2 cup of oatmeal at breakfast and a bag of steamfresh brown rice for a morning snack).  My protein was increased as well.  I was now eating about 24oz of chicken throughout the day.  No way I could have made it through this much chicken without some of the Walden Farms barbecue sauce.  I was certain the next two weeks would not show much progress.  The trainer said these were solid re-feed weeks to build some strength and to get ready for the lack of carbs in the coming weeks.  Trust the process!

Workouts didn’t change at all.  He added some increased cardio, which should help with increasing my appetite and burn some of the carbs off.  So far the cravings are staying at bay.  It surprises the heck out of me.  I have some sort of addiction to chocolate that has to be fed on a daily basis.  I was certain there would be some long days where I would go insane trying to tell myself no.  I think all of the changes in eating and then keeping busy with other projects have kept my mind on other stuff.  It’s the days and nights where I am not as distracted that will be the true test. 

No comments:

Post a Comment