Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week 14 Progress

I was surprised with how quickly the weight came off these first few weeks.  I am trying to stick with just looking at the pics and using the mirror or my clothing size/fit to determine progress, but the scale has been great to watch as well.  Here is my progress:
Starting weight Week 16:  232
Week 15:  224
Week 14:  221
So 11 pounds in 3 weeks is not bad.  I’m sure the initial drop of 8 pounds was mostly from the bloating and my body’s shock from being re-introduced to cardio….but it felt great to see such a huge drop.
Every two weeks my meals are adjusted.  Week 14 saw a few changes.  I dropped egg whites and went to 4 whole organic eggs and a protein shake for breakfast.  My carb days went from twice a week to once (Wednesdays).  And just to eff with my sanity levels I was given one pop-tart on my carb day.  It’s insane.  Pop-tarts come in packages of two.  But I don’t get two!  So on Wednesday of this week I warmed up one low-fat raspberry pop-tart in the toaster, carried it back to my desk as if it was the most precious food ever, and slowly ate away.  Now for the worst part.  Somewhere along the way I was taught to eat everything on my plate or not to waste food.  It took every ounce of energy to throw the other pop-tart in the trash.  It sat there laughing at me for a good half hour before I finally pitched it. 
With only one carb day I can definitely feel the ebb and flow of my energy levels.  By Saturday and Sunday I was falling asleep just sitting in a chair.  I knew I needed something to reward my efforts.  This was a much tougher week than I had in the first two.  So I scheduled myself for a sports massage.  It was 60 minutes of deep tissue massage plus physical therapy.  I didn’t realize how sore certain muscles were until she started burying her elbows in my hamstrings or pecs.  It was well worth it!
The other challenge we faced this week was due to the holiday weekend.  The gym at work was closed Friday for Good Friday and again on Saturday.  There are no excuses to miss a workout so we went and got a 10 day punch card at another gym to use.  The gym at work is the only gym I’ve used for the past 5 years and the new scenery and equipment was a great break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment