Saturday, July 9, 2011

Making Abs in the Kitchen

I’d like to think that the 2 hours of cardio and the workout routines also contribute, but food is a huge part of where I am at in my prep.  There have been some small changes over the last couple of weeks to my eating plan, but I thought I’d post pics of what a guy’s contest prep meals look like.  A few caveats before the pics:

I eat this every day (7 days a week) and aside from the green beans of last month I really enjoy everything. 

The only thing I crave is flavor….sugar, salt, sweet, sour…this food lacks all of that.

Everything is measured, weighed, portioned out exactly.  The only thing missing from the pics is the gum and perhaps coffee.  And of course some supplements…but otherwise this is EVERYTHING.

Meal#1 (3 cage free eggs, 2 scoops protein):DSCN0578 

There is nothing sexy about a pic of cooked eggs.  I cook mine in a few DROPS of olive oil.

Meal #2 (1 bag microwave broccoli, 6oz chicken with Mrs Dash seasoning and either mustard or Walden Farms BBQ sauce to dip):

DSCN0579

Meal #3 (2 Tablespoons of Skippy Natural PB, 2 scoops protein):

DSCN0580

If you ever wanted to accuse me of cheating on a meal…perhaps my ‘Tablespoon’ is a little bigger than normal on rough days.  It’s the closest thing to eating peanut butter and chocolate I get. 

Meal #4  (20 almonds and 1 can of tuna):

DSCN0581

You can count ‘em if you want….20!

Meal #5  (6oz of 95% lean ground beef, cup of chopped romaine lettuce, mustard):

DSCN0582

It looks disgusting…but it tastes like a hamburger!

Meal #6 (3 cage free eggs):  I didn’t take a pic of this one because I was starving and ate it as soon as it cooked. 

If you enter the meals into an online calorie counter, like Sparkpeople, here are my macros:

Total Calories:  2200

Protein:  300

Fat:  105

Carbs:  35

A little top heavy on the protein compared to most…but that’s how abs are made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment