Monday, July 4, 2011

Finding the answers…

Starting weight:  192.  Down 7 pounds from the previous week.  That’s 40 pounds for anyone keeping track.

I nearly fell off the scale this morning.  This was jacked up!  I marched back to bed in total disbelief.  Ok ok, I weighed two more times just to be sure, but then I was back in bed.  Cardio would need to wait until I could stop grinning…

An hour later I was at the park doing laps around the track and enjoying the great weather.  Crazy how one day you’re contemplating throwing in the towel and then 3 days later you are more determined than ever.  Writing each entry has kept me grounded from week to week and going back and reading the last several entries has provided perspective on the mental pressure that weighs on you.  Perhaps it was just a rut…work, life, contest prep was all getting to me.  Glad that is all over. 

I have been prepping for 13 weeks and there will be more weeks to come.  But here is my review of the last 13 weeks in 90 seconds or less…

  • Shaving sucks.  I’d rather do 90 minutes of cardio than spend 90 minutes shaving (yes that’s how long it takes).  I will pay someone to do this.
  • Do not put a cup of oatmeal, a scoop of protein and some water in a microwave and cook it.  The result is cement.
  • Do not put on icy hot in the gym and expect no one to smell it….they smell it.  It could be worse. 
  • Check your gym bag three times before you leave the house at 5:30am.  Wearing gym socks with dress pants is not fashionably correct….yet. 
  • Writing a blog is hard work.  But it’s so worth it. 
  • Motivation comes in all forms.  Having a little old lady at the grocery store make a comment about your calves can do wonders.
  • Do not be ashamed of your playlists.  If your playlist goes from Journey to Jason Aldean to Lil Wayne…then you and I have a lot in common.  Blast it as loud as you can…’Peanuts to an elephant…I got through that sentence like a subject and a predicate.’
  • Tanning is cheap therapy.  You can work a lot of personal stuff out by laying down for 24 minutes.
  • Massages are not cheap therapy.     
  • Don’t ask me how long I spend in the gym.  It’s more than you.
  • Don’t ask me if I crave carbs.  Of course I want some effing carbs.   
  • Want to see someone doing contest prep sweat…send them an email saying their protein powder is back-ordered.  Are you serious?

I’m sure there are plenty of others…but some times you just have to laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment