Sunday, July 17, 2011

How To Be An Excellent Cheater…

Since the date of my competition was moved out 8 weeks, I knew I would need one or two cheat meals to keep me sane.  It made sense, but convincing the trainer was another story.  We took pics and practiced posing on Friday.  There were some noticeable changes for the better and the pics reflected all of the hard work.  So late on Friday night I received a text from the trainer that I was cleared for a cheat meal.  After 15 weeks of following a strict meal plan and saying ‘no’ to every craving…I was a little hesitant to go way off the reservation.  Granted…my stomach is used to eating very small meals, so there is no way I could gorge myself.  But still, of all the food in the world, picking one meal was tough.

I had plans on Saturday night and it worked out perfectly that I could use the cheat meal on the occasion.  I had no plan going into it…I still was hesitant about going crazy…and decided I would just enjoy myself.  It was a long night, so the food and drinks were spread out (not in one sitting).  Here is how to cheat:

  • 3 small slices of turkey
  • 1 small slice of prime rib
  • 1 bite of potato
  • 3 bites of couscous
  • One donut hole covered in rum sauce goodness.
  • 3 bites of ice cream
  • 2 bourbon and waters
  • 2 Beefeater and tonics
  • I’ll guess that there was somewhere between 3-5 glasses of red wine 
  • and a shot glass full of something smooth…very smooth   

I barely ate anything when all was said and done.  Everything I ate tasted really good.  I just couldn’t convince myself to lose control. 

The alcohol was another story…obviously.  Bad, bad…bad!  But oh so good!  I woke up this morning in the most dehydrated state I’ve ever been.  I seriously couldn’t drink water fast enough.  My body was not happy and I was craving my normal meals…eggs, protein shakes…anything but alcohol.  Whew!  That was one heck of a cheat meal and hopefully will give me a final push to make it the last 8 weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment