Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Progress Pics and Week 3

My week 3 post is a little early.  I am headed out of town for the weekend and I know it could be days before I can get back in my routine.  This week a couple of small adjustments were made to my eating and my cardio.  We took progress pics (yeah that was painful to see) and we both agreed on the areas that needed help the most (everything from the neck down).  It wasn’t anything I didn’t already know, but the trainer made some adjustments (definitely his area of expertise…not mine).  I shouldn’t complain too much.  There are some big changes from how I looked a couple of years ago.  

By now people around me are catching on that I am back in prep mode.  I only told a few people, but word travels pretty quick.  I am at the gym at odd hours now.  I am in the breakroom a dozen times a day cooking or cleaning up my meals.  So of course there are some signs that I am not acting like a normal person anymore.  One gal finally asked me if I enjoyed all of the food and working out.  The food is pretty simple.  Stop thinking about it as yummy, delicious flavor and start thinking about it as fuel.  The workouts are just the same…it’s a means to an end.  Put in the time and the discipline and the output at the end will be worth every bite of brussel sprouts and every long day at the gym.  So do I enjoy it?  Definitely!  (Why else would I choose such a lofty goal?)

Some of my guy friends notice even bigger differences.  Last week a couple of us went to see a movie.  They each had candy and sodas, while I ordered a nice cup of coffee.  It was an 8pm movie and the girls behind the counter couldn’t understand why I wanted coffee.  Look, it was a 3 hour movie and I had been up all day, worked out for 2 hours, and just wanted something that didn’t taste like water.  Could somebody get me my coffee…please? 

My trip this weekend will be the true test.  I have most things mapped out.  The gym.  A couple of fail-safe restaurants.  A grocery store.  It’s just me and a friend going to see a college basketball game.  But I think my crazy schedule and eating regiment will probably get on his nerves by the end of the trip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment