Sunday, January 13, 2013

End of the Year Recap

I started off 2012 expecting that I would continue on my path of slowly gaining some size, keeping my body fat low, but overall just trying to live a balanced life. This included some relaxation on my eating plans. Mostly because I was more focused on taking trips, hanging out with friends and family, and of course focusing on my career. I was happy with where I was, but started to get the itch to push myself again. As I said in my last post things started to slip. I took an entire week off in July to re-think where I was and where I wanted to be. Sitting by a pool and drinking alcohol for an entire week does wonders for your life's ambitions! That led to 6 months of offseason training with my old trainer. I needed his advice and guidance on how to work on my problem areas (chest and legs).
Fast forward 6 months and here I am passing the one week mark on competition prep. I went from 205 in July, to 222 right before I switched into prep mode. I was certainly more strict this offseason and it showed in a couple of different areas. The first thing the trainer adjusted was my workouts to hit my legs and chest 5 days a week. I didn't lift legs and chest 1 day a week...I lifted them 5 days a week.
Leg Extensions 5x25
Leg Curls 5x25
Incline DB Flys 5x25
DB Bench 5x25
This was my pre-workout. Each day I started with this...AND then went into my daily routine. It doesn't look like much on paper, but I thought I saw Jesus on that first day. Cardio was non-existent during this period.
The other thing that happened during my offseason was that I joined another gym. Not a different gym. A gym in addition to the one I already have. This was mainly because my gym has odd hours. It closes at 7pm. Not really open on the weekends. I usually try to go during the day, but I'm screwed if I get busy at work. So I went and paid the $35 a month for another gym. I call it my insurance plan or even my backup plan.
The nice thing about this gym is that it's filled with complete idiots. I mean idiots. Should I discuss their attire? Or their gym etiquette? Or just the way they like to stare people down to psych themselves up? Girls, stay out of the weight area unless you are looking for a date. I've been to a lot of gyms...this one is just filled with idiots. So why is it so nice? It makes me focus on my workouts. I don't talk to anyone, look at anyone. I get in, Get my work done. And then get the heck out of there.

No comments:

Post a Comment