Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thursday’s Juggle

I remember when the trainer would give me a new workout plan and the first day I wanted to look at was ‘Leg Day.’  Ugh!  I had strict rules regarding leg day that were even more strictly enforced….

1.  No lunges.

2.  No high reps.

3.  If there is ever a week where I need to skip a workout…it shall be leg day!

Rules 1 & 2 are now negotiable…but rule #3 is now a joke.  Skip leg day?  Why would anyone ever do that?  My hope is that the plan is SOOOOO intense that I finally get that ‘morning after’ feeling where it hurts to get out of bed.  I crave that feeling!  It rarely happens anymore.  But when it does I usually have a grin on my face and a grateful ‘you got me good’ for the trainer.  I now look forward to leg day.  I can feel the muscle tear!  What a good feeling! 

So today included a half day conference off site in the morning.  The conference lasted 4 hours…a room with 75 people and one speaker….would anyone notice me making a protein shake?  Fortunately there was a small break and I rushed out to my car and chugged the shake….ahhhhh!  Much better!  Perhaps protein shake breaks are becoming the new smoke break!  Much healthier!  This could be the start of a revolution!  A business idea!  Picture this….airports….people travel for 2-3 hours, get off the plane, and rush to my  little stand where I can fill them up with protein shakes!  I’d make a fortune!

Enough dreaming!  Today went like this:

Nutrition:

The conference messed me up.  I was starving when we got out and I had to drive back to the office.  I scarfed down a protein bar and my pre-workout shake and bolted for the gym.  There was no way I could eat oatmeal and still have time for the workout.  Dinner was awesome…perhaps one of my favorite meals.  I’ll post pics of my dinner next time….

Legs:

Squats:  4x15, 10, 8, 6 (If you don’t go parallel it doesn’t count)

Leg Press:  3x15, 12, 10 (Last set is a rest pause)

Leg Ext:  3x12 (Last set is a 2-drop set)

Leg Curls:  3x12

That’s it!  Leg day is never too complex.  We are usually in and out of the gym in 30-40 minutes.  Tomorrow is STC…Shoulders, Triceps, Calves!     

No comments:

Post a Comment